Normally, the issue in succession planning is who among the next generation is best prepared and equipped to take over the reins. But the leader must also ask: How do I know when it’s time to go?
In this workshop, we explore succession planning and retention strategies that ensure each role within your organization is well-staffed. This workshop will help you improve your succession planning process so that you recruit superior employees, develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities, and prepare them for advancement or promotion into ever more challenging roles. You will also calculate the vacancy risk for a position.
The investment you make in time, attention, and development of your employees will improve employee retention which, in turn, will help you achieve your organization’s long-term goals. This workshop is designed to equip you with the necessary tools to help you better plan for your employees’ futures and, ultimately, the future of your organization.
As a result of the Succession Planning & Retention workshop, you will:
- Learn how to use succession planning to recruit superior employees, develop their skills, prepare
them for advancement, and retain them
- Identify your organization’s long-term goals for use in succession planning and retention
- Discuss and develop the future competencies needed by your organization
- Map career paths and timing for your staff
- Perform a gap analysis of your current staff’s competencies
- Explore the employment trends in your area to know the roles you will have a difficult time filling externally
AUDIENCE: High-level leaders and managers
What types of calculations should your organization perform to ensure successful succession planning?
- Bench strength
- Attrition factor
- Vacancy risk