Do you ever leave a meeting and think, “What was the point of that?” or “What did I learn in that meeting?” We’ve got the solution for you. Don’t let meetings waste your time.
Meetings are one of the primary ways that we do work in the 21st century. Badly run meetings waste time, talent, and money. Groups often struggle to be efficient and effective and to work in the best interest of the whole while honoring the input of the experts in the group. Structuring meetings well can be the difference between full, effective attendance and participation in a group versus lackluster commitment.
As a result of the Running Effective Meetings workshop, you will learn how to:
- Establish effective meeting management practices within your organization
- Develop a meeting’s purpose, agenda, and norms
- Choose the physical space best suited for your meeting
- Identify assigned roles for each attendee of a specific meeting
AUDIENCE: All levels
In preparing for any meeting, you should always complete the following tasks:
- Develop objectives
- Identify participants
- Determine scheduling
- Provide a productive physical environment