Do you know the seven behaviors that go above and beyond the expected?
Most leaders and managers can quickly identify the best “organizational citizens” in their staff – the staff who understand the organization’s underlying dynamics and who put the organization and others first.
Leaders often struggle to articulate the individual behaviors that these stellar organizational citizens display, which makes it hard to hire and train for these behaviors. In this workshop, we discover the nuances of organizational citizenship behaviors including:
- Helping behaviors such as altruism
- Sportsmanship—a citizen-like posture of tolerating the inevitable inconveniences and impositions of work without whining and grievances
- Organizational Loyalty—identification with and allegiance to organizational leaders and the organization as a whole
We then create ways to hire and train staff for these very
behaviors, exploring questions such as:
- What are signs of good organizational citizenship on a resume?
- What interview questions elicit evidence of good
- How can you evaluate performance to measure citizenship, and how can you reward it?
In our Organizational CitizenshipTM workshop, you will:
- Explore the seven types of Organizational CitizenshipTM Behaviors (OCBs) and determine the positive impact they could have on your organization
- Rate your organization against these seven OCBs and discover areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Learn how to use Organizational CitizenshipTM to enhance your organization’s ability to attract and retain the best people by making it a more attractive place to work
AUDIENCE: High and mid-level managers and leaders; HR professionals; can be customized for all staff