Learn how to select the best-fit employees for your organization every time you interview.
While interviewing is often viewed as merely a transactional responsibility, in reality, few business functions have greater impact on an organization than employment interviewing. Truly effective interviewing constitutes a transformational process through which the organization hand selects those individuals who will become the face, the voice, and the embodiment of the organization to its clients and customers. Through a mission-driven approach to interviewing, interviewers will develop the skills they need to find the “right” candidates – the ones who can meaningfully contribute to attaining the overarching objectives of the position, of the department, and of the organization.
As a result of the Mission-Driven Interviewing (MDI)TM
workshop, you will:
- Develop interviewing practices that focus on
consistency, fairness, and increased defensibility
- Establish a common language for interviewing that
results in easier decision-making and ultimately,
- Identify the mission of your organization, its position,
and the performance metrics for the specific role(s)
- Identification of the knowledge, skills, and behavioral characteristics (KSBCs™) needed for success
in specified role(s)
- Create appropriate interview questions and learn efficient résumé screening tactics
AUDIENCE: All levels with interviewing and candidate selection responsibilities; HR and line managers.