Take charge of your calendar and learn how to get the most out of Outlook.
How we use Outlook calendars creates cultural norms in our organizations. Outlook is a helpful tool that lets us take care of business everyday – from scheduling meetings to executing deliverables – but there are many tools, tips, and tricks within the program that, if utilized, can lead to a more productive workday. In this course, we explore the most effective way to use your Outlook calendar so that you are managing your time, your staff, and your organization well
As a result of the Managing Your Outlook Calendar workshop, you will:
- Develop a shared protocol for how your organization uses Outlook to create culture
- Learn the critical importance of managing your individual calendar
- Understand specific ways to utilize Outlook’s capabilities to improve efficiency (color coding, meeting notes, design time, sorting methods, building in self-care)
AUDIENCE: All levels
Adding transition time reduces stress and allows you to focus on the content of your meetings. Why should you add transition time?
- It takes time to get places – block travel time in your calendar
- Some events need wrap up and set up time – add that in too
Don’t forget to put details into the travel section—include the exact address and room number, as well as a contact phone number in case there are any questions.