Fair isn’t everyone getting the same thing; fair is everyone getting what he or she needs in order to be successful.
In this workshop, we discuss and explore a variety of ways to make the most impact on your organization as a leader or manager. We cover topics from unconscious behaviors and their impact to the differences between impact and intent and how to hold people accountable in a positive way. Participants will be able to role play in scenarios that address communication, engagement, learning vs. judging, self esteem vs. self-perception, and feedback. The scenarios are designed to provide insight into the individual’s management needs and the practice to take the skills back to the workplace immediately.
As a result of the Managing for Greater Impact workshop, you will:
- Address unconscious behaviors and their impact
- Distinguish between intent and impact in your management
- Learn how to hold people accountable in a positive way
- Discover tools for creating focus across the staff of your organization
- Develop a learning (and not judging) stance in managing others
- Learn new communication techniques to overcome defensiveness and resistance
- Become comfortable with giving and receiving feedback – feedback is a gift!
- Learn how to use questions as a leadership strategy
AUDIENCE: Mid to high-level managers and leaders
Avoiding feelings is not healthy in the workplace – there is a way to handle feelings effectively, including:
- Acknowledging the other person’s feelings before beginning to problem-solve
- Naming and describing feelings, especially during difficult conversations